According to the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), around 48 million Americans face some degree of hearing loss, making it the third most common chronic condition among Americans along with arthritis and hypertension. The following are some of the things one should consider before purchasing hearing aids in Philadelphia or anywhere in the USA for that matter:
- Hearing Test: Make sure to sign up for a free all-inclusive hearing test and evaluation from a qualified hearing healthcare professional before buying hearing aids. These hearing tests are easy and painless. LifeSound Hearing offers a free comprehensive hearing exam to everyone in the Philadelphia area and surrounded regions.
- Financial Plan: It is no secret that hearing aids are not cheap. Hearing aids are not covered by most Medicare planes or major third-party payers which may lead to some difficult, out-of-pocket expenses. However, LifeSound hearing offers affordable hearing loss solutions in Philadelphia and the surrounded areas with offers including special, interest-free financing.
- Realistic Expectations: One must make a clear note of the fact that even though today’s hearing aids boast superior technological capabilities, the sound experience is never perfect. Regardless, LifeSound Hearing offers some of the most technologically advanced hearing aids in Philadelphia and the surrounding regions for the most natural sound possible.
- Only Licensed Professionals Dispense Hearing Aids: Before buying hearing aids, one must understand that they cannot be simply bought at the drugstore like reading glasses. Hearing aids must be programmed and fit by a professional for the best sound quality possible. For a professional examination visit LifeSound Hearing for a free hearing loss test in Philadelphia and King of Prussia area.
- Online Purchase of Hearing Aids: What turns out to be good for one person may not necessarily prove to be good for you when it comes to purchasing hearing aids online. This is because hearing loss solutions are complex and require a trained professional to navigate. Hearing aids come in a variety of sizes and types and are usually custom programmed for the consumer. LifeSound hearing offers professionally driven hearing loss solutions in Philadelphia and the surrounding regions.
- There Will Be an Adjustment Period: As per the latest report by HLAA, only 1 in 5 people who would benefit from a hearing aid use one. Adjusting to hearing aids requires a substantial amount of time, effort, and patience. Just like the gradual occurrence of hearing loss, readjusting to the world of sound and relearn hearing skills takes time.
More than 85% of the people who could benefit from using a hearing aid do not use them, owing to the high cost or lack of access to a hearing health professional. Do not let cost get in the way of your lifestyle. For additional information, or questions about hearing aid exams or hearing aid repair in Philadelphia, contact LifeSound Hearing.